Friday, November 17, 2017

Vendor Profile: kisii handmade



Tell us about your work and what we can expect to see at this years Handmade Hamilton?

I love what I do. kisii strives to use responsibly-sourced materials to create beautiful handmade gifts. You can find jewellery, handmade ceramics, keychains and journals. I started kisii in 2012 as a means to fundraise for my hospital, Princess Margaret, in Toronto and enjoyed it so much that I decided to register the business. Since then, I've donated over $3000 towards tumour research, and specifically the Desmoid Tumour Foundation of Canada


What does your process look like?

I try to consider my eco-footprint in all aspects of my business, and source materials responsibly. I try to use fair-trade as often as possible, and work from my sunny home studio. My process depends on what I am making. Making a mala is a quiet, peaceful process while my ceramic jewellery bowls require messy hands full of clay, paint and glaze. I do everything myself, from creating and testing new pieces to corresponding with clients, doing my own web design, shipping and packaging. I handstamp my own labels and package each item myself. 

What are your inspirations?

Nature, books, music, simplicity, yoga and good people.


Tell us some of your favourite things about Hamilton?

Obviously the natural beauty of it (especially Dundas peak), but also the creative community that is quickly growing.





No comments:

Post a Comment